The Institute of Computer Technology performs research on the following topics:
This research area is managed by Professor Axel Jantsch.
- SoC Infrastructure and Networks on Chip (Axel Jantsch)
- Self-Aware Systems on Chip (Axel Jantsch)
- Sensor networks and Mixed-Signal ASICs (Axel Jantsch)
- Verification of analog/digital systems (Michael Rathmair)
This research area is managed by Professor Hermann Kaindl.
- Requirements Engineering and Architecting (Hermann Kaindl)
- Interacting in and with Software (Roman Popp)
- Model-driven development and Semantic Technologies (Roman Popp)
- Artificial Intelligence based on a neuropsychoanalytic approach SiMA (Alexander Wendt)
- Smart energy systems, distributed systems, artificial intelligence, Industry 4.0, robotics, automated driving, and cyber security are research topics of the Energy&IT Group (Marcus Meisel)
- Communication in automation, in specific: fieldbus systems ( Thilo Sauter)
- Fault tolerant systems and security (Georg Kienesberger)
For detailed information on our research projects refer to the Vienna TU’s project database.